Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Favorite Month

May is my favorite month of the year. It's kinda weird because Fall is my favorite season. But, I have some great reasons why this month makes me happy...and here they are!!

1. It's my birthday!! I don't care how many candles are on your cake, each one is a blessing so I'm going to keep on celebrating!

2. It's Monkey Boy's birthday!! The only thing better than your own birthday, is someone else's. I love parties! This year we are going to have a "paint gun" party. Messy boys- what can I say?!

3. School's out for summer. Now that I'm a SAHM, I enjoy summer a whole lot more!!

4. Rainy days. Springtime in Oklahoma means a few wet days. Last year, we had a drought that was as bad as the dustbowl days and we didn't get the rain. I missed it. So did the corn, wheat, grass, ponds, animals, etc...

5. Beautiful flowers. This is the month dogwoods bloom and day lilies blossom. Gorgeous.

6. Baseball. Enough said here. And here.

7. Mother's Day. I think being a mom is a wonderful blessing. My kids make pictures and write me notes- they are the best!

8. We sell calves. This let's us know if we get to eat steak or beans the rest of the year. It's kinda stressful, but I wouldn't change it!

9. Awards assemblies. I think my kids are super smart and amazing, but they are also disobedient and mouthy. Assemblies let me see what the teachers see and I guess they are doing great!

And the final reason May is my favorite month...

10. We got a contract on our house!!!!

Hope you are all having a great May!
Love you all,

Rulissa

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Rulissa. May is definitely a good month for you! Here in the UK we've got lovely Bank Holidays that make our May much more bearable. The flowers are rather lovely here as well!
    :) Karin @ Cafe Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love May, too. Spring is in full swing and summer is on her way. Here I sit in my office and smell Lilac wafting in the window on the breeze. Life is good :)

    Enjoy your favourite month!

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete