Monday, April 23, 2012

Faux Sewing



I miss my sewing machine.

It isn't packed yet, but it is "put away". There was a time I just kept it out, but in the process of trying to move, I get nervous dragging out my sewing stuff for fear that would be the time someone would want to come see the house! I have been itching to create something, so I dug through some past ideas and thought to myself... How about faux sewing?

I have this t-shirt dress with spaghetti straps. It really needs a jacket of some sort for me to feel comfortable wearing it. Just so happens, I found this tee on clearance at Wally World and fits the bill nicely, with a teeny tiny alteration.


Here's what I did...

First, I folded the shirt in half and cut right up the front.


Then, following the instructions on the heatbond tape package, I ironed a strip to the inside of each front.


And, voila!  That was all there was to it.  What do you think?


Now, if I am completely honest...this did nothing to curb my sewing itch.  However, it did give me something super cute to wear to church!

(side note:  I think this shirt is a XXL.  I actually wear a M/L, but I really liked the length on the shirt and it was on sale - so that's what I bought!)

I'm linking up with Brassy Apple for Make it Monday...hop on over and see what else she has posted!

Love you all!

Rulissa

No comments:

Post a Comment